3DS Import Scaling

andrewbirch

When I import a 3DS file, they usually scale at about a 12th of the true scale of the object. If I dont scale the object after import, all the files textures and maps render beautifully.

If I scale the object, say by a factor of 12, all of the mapping and textures start tiling or get smaller in their mapping by a factor of 12, thus ruining the great instant alignment of textures on import.

Is there a way to scale the imported file so the maps/textures stay in proportion to the objects, or a quick way to have the textures adjust to the newly scaled up geometry [Confused] ?

When I import a 3DS file, they usually scale at about a 12th of the true scale of the object. If I dont scale the object after import, all the files textures and maps render beautifully.

If I scale the object, say by a factor of 12, all of the mapping and textures start tiling or get smaller in their mapping by a factor of 12, thus ruining the great instant alignment of textures on import.

Is there a way to scale the imported file so the maps/textures stay in proportion to the objects, or a quick way to have the textures adjust to the newly scaled up geometry ?