Image Quality / export

holstarc

I'm trying to guage everyone's preference for getting images out of renderworks... There are several ways to get an image, render on screen and export image file, render bitmap, and batch render. Which do people seem to prefer to get in-process images out for others to view. I've always though the batch render would be fastest, but am not so sure.

I'm running a single 1.8 ghz G5 w/ OSX 10.4.3 and 2 gigs ram, but nothing seems fast enough.

-kevin

• 1 month later...

The export image option work great, but is realy only good for one or two offs. Anything more and you have a less then effect process of have to start the next rendering, and execute the export image command again, for each one. A good tip with the export image command is that it wants to render the sceen before exporting, meening if you render the entire scene, and the choose the export image command, it will rerender it. What I do is start the render, hit exc or control+. to stop it, and then choose the command. This allows you to set the rendering mode, and not have to render it twice.

Personally I use Batch rednering all the time. It is not any faster or slower, accept that the computer will insantly que up the next rendering, and complete the export details between every view. It too has it's own limitations, but after understanding them, I think you'll find that it is the way to go for renderings of more then a couple at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, how much would you pay to have a tool that worked like batch rendering, but called up saved views instead of a seperate "batch render" file? I encounter this all the time, several times this week, where the saved batch render, does not take into account objects or classes that have been added after the creation of said batch render, and you have to start over. (That process is not very nice either) So either I have to write a tool (if it's even possible) or I'll have to pay someone, but that tool/command would be very nice.