What is the best way to share a Vectorworks 2023 Model file with clients who don't have Vectorworks?

Hi

I would like to share a 3d model with our clients to pan through at their leisure.

I presented using Nomad on my iPad which worked pretty well although slightly tricky to navigate. 

I know in previous versions you could export as a web view but can't see that option in exports anymore.

Do I have to get my client to download Nomad?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Laurence 

49 minutes ago, Christiaan said:

You can still export to web view. They call it VGX now, because it handles both Nomad and web views.

I have the .vgx file but how would my client view this without Nomad or Vectorworks view this?

Edited by LB007

@LB007,

If you don't see the "Export Web View" command under the File menu you may need to edit your work space to add it to your menu.

Also if you use Twinmotion their 3D Cloud sharing is far superior IMO to the VW web view.

Your signature doesn't say what VW version you are using.

Web View.png

Edited by TomKen
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Adding export web view to workspaces will give you the old legacy web view which is not as good as the new one. 

The new one (Export VGX) uses Unity for the rendering and there have been improvements over the last year in every area with the new 3D viewing.  Export VGX will give you the best exported model and can be viewed using web browser and/or with Nomad.

To share the VGX you can click to get a link to share with them either as a text link or QR code.

https://cloud.vectorworks.net/portal/help/pages/generate-3d-models-from-vwx-files/?app=VECTORWORKS# 

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...

All of that is nifty and more than most of our clients can deal with. We just export  VW to fbx, then open it in Microsoft's free 3D viewer and save it. Email them the file and they can open it on any laptop, desktop or phone and fly through it or around it. We also open it in Hololens 2 on site or in a restaurant, and they can also fly through it using 3d viewer in Hololens. Paint 3D also will open it. Again, freewares bundled in normal computers and phones, no need to enter a pile of personal data, download and install and so on. 

Doc

Dual Xeon 24 core (48 total) SuperMicro, 1024 GB DDR4 on the mainboard, NVidia Titan 24GB GPU, 2x 1TB SSD. VW Arch 2023

On 12/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, bcd said:

VW implemented export 3d PDF several years ago. It might be worth a go but last time I tested it it was too clunky to be useful.

This works great for people who know what they are doing, but tends to go horribly when the receiver doesn't know how to use it, and that includes a surprising number of people.  I have had recipients tell me that it didn't work, but really they just couldn't figure out how to navigate.  It can be a great solution, but consider your audience  and be prepared to do a tutorial of how to change views and flyover.  I would avoid for use with a typical homeowner or theater director.  At this point i primarily use it with people who have access to a modeling program, but are in places where they cannot use it.  

• Like 1