automatically generate drawing numbers?

Hello!

I am quite new to VW. I am an architect and I am trying to tune my custom titleblock. Usually my sheet numbers are numbered (1,2,3,4 of 14 lets say) but my drawing numbers have a prefix (A-01, A-02, indicating that it is an architectural drawing instead of Mech, etc).

At the moment I have to click on each sheets 'sheet data' and manually change the drawing number. Is there a way to avoid that? A way that VW automatically generates the order unless I manually edit a sheet? At the moment, if I add a drawing between others, the stacking order might automatically change, but I'll have to go through each drawing number..

Also, is there a way to batch edit prefixes in sheet numbers?

Best, 

Demetris

P.S.

Its my first time posting here, not sure if this the right space to post questions to the community. Let me know if I should create a post elsewhere!

Edited by demetris ktorides
  • Like 1

if I understand you correctly, you are manually numbering your sheets via the title block manager.  If that’s the case…

Use Sheet Layers instead.

You can set your number and name for the sheet within the Sheet Layer interface.

then modify your title block to use linked text to automatically fill out this info for you based on the naming used in the Sheet Layer.

This is a lot better than the old fashion way of manually numbing sheets.   Why?  It allows for auto coordination of reference markers for details, sections, etc. which update as you change the name, number, or quantity of sheets.  You just have to be careful when moving viewports from one sheet layer to another to prevent breaking the link and coordination.

• Like 3