Fixture info in worksheets

nakedeye

Hi, my worksheets are now showing channel info etc and this is both using Image (the first column) and also Imagebydatavis. I came across this in 2022 but thought it had been fixed. The only work around I've found is to turn off channel/uni etc then update the worksheet then turn them back on. Is there a criteria I can add in to stop this?

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 12.34.52.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, klinzey said:

No there is currently noting you can add to the criteria to eliminate the labels. We are looking into this issue as an enhancement for a future versions.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:20 AM, TomWhiteLight said:

A graphic Legend would enable you to eliminate labels.

What labels?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 12:05 PM, TomWhiteLight said:

As Graphic Legends use classes then Label Legend's can be hidden.

ok but how manage class viewing in the report 

i tried to put the report as annotations i dont remember why but that solution wasnt good for me

and if i put it on the sheet layer , have to be carful of the class setting when i export ...( for example if a class are hidden, i wont have the img in report...

and last things, even if class label are hidden, the labels "ghost "are still present and the image isnt center ...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Ben

You cannot manage classes in a report.

You can scale the report and format the table. Graphic Legends are better for this.

On Graphic Legends I am not seeing the ghost labels. Let me know if this is still happening with Graphic Legends.

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 09.27.44.png

On 1/6/2023 at 10:28 AM, TomWhiteLight said:

Graphic Legends are better for this.

Graphic legends are a novelty in V2023, arent they ?

I'll find time to explore it, if well configured i ll will use it instead of lighting summary and some worksheet, then I ll can remove image from worksheet .

But image from datavis is missing in graphic legends, 😉

Graphic Legends are new and we will continue to add new features to this.

I can feature request Data Vis to be applicable in a Graphic Legend, I will add that to the list.

Any other wishes and requests for this workflow please add them here.

• Like 2
On 12/13/2022 at 6:43 AM, nakedeye said:

Hi, my worksheets are now showing channel info etc and this is both using Image (the first column) and also Imagebydatavis. I came across this in 2022 but thought it had been fixed. The only work around I've found is to turn off channel/uni etc then update the worksheet then turn them back on. Is there a criteria I can add in to stop this?

if you turn off the classes associated with the label legend in the design layer then run your report they shouldn't show up.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hi Nick, find out what classes are controlling the 3d lable legends.

2d legends are assigned classes however, 3d legends are only assigned classes if you have set that up. Its likely that the 3d legend is on the none class.

Assign a class to those legend fields and it should work.