Window wrapping and sills conflict

David Poiron

Question

I have a window sill on a window and it graphically covers the wrapping of the interior gypsum board return in plan. Is there a way to bring the wrapping to the front? Also, there is a gap between the stool and the sill that I cannot get rid of (in 3D). Any ideas to fix these issues?

Also, if and when the sill on the window tool is fixed, the stool has to get extended to the inside face of the window, not stop at the inside face of the wall.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 16.18.04.png

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, David Poiron said:

I have a window sill on a window and it graphically covers the wrapping of the interior gypsum board return in plan. Is there a way to bring the wrapping to the front?

No. This is a fairly major issue with Windows + Wall Closures which is hopefully going to be dealt with soon. @Matt Panzer may be able to give an update. There are other problems with sills which will hopefully be sorted out at the same time.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 hours ago, Tom W. said:

No. This is a fairly major issue with Windows + Wall Closures which is hopefully going to be dealt with soon. @Matt Panzer may be able to give an update. There are other problems with sills which will hopefully be sorted out at the same time.

Yes.  We are aware of this issue and other issues with both sills and thresholds.  While addressing the geometry issues are important, addressing the conflict between them and closures is even more important.  We are actively looking at addressing both of these issues.  They may not be addressed at the same time but we are looking into them both.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, David Poiron said:

Good to hear changes are coming. If possible, it would be nice if wrappings could be set to face of window or door frame, so that if the offset of the window or door is changed the wrappings would adjust accordingly.

If I understand you correctly, that can be done now by selecting the “Wrap to Insert” option on the closure wrapping settings for the component.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:33 AM, David Poiron said:

I have a window sill on a window and it graphically covers the wrapping of the interior gypsum board return in plan. Is there a way to bring the wrapping to the front? Also, there is a gap between the stool and the sill that I cannot get rid of (in 3D). Any ideas to fix these issues?

Also, if and when the sill on the window tool is fixed, the stool has to get extended to the inside face of the window, not stop at the inside face of the wall.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 16.18.04.png

I do also  have the wrap/sill problem
@Matt Panzer, is there any scheduled fix ?

Thanks !

On 12/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, GatRed said:

I do also  have the wrap/sill problem
@Matt Panzer, is there any scheduled fix ?

Thanks !

Unfortunately, this issue cannot be done as a simple bug fix but it's very close on our radar.  The Door and Window objects need to be updated to follow the shape of the wall closure.  The old "Wall Detail" feature doesn't have this problem because it draws fake 2D wall graphics on top of the sill for Top/Plan.  Now that the wall properly takes care of the closures, the Door/Window needs to know how to fit itself to that closure.  So, this is a bit more than just a bug fix.

• Like 3