What is the status of the SketchUp plug in?

quigley

I heard the SU import facility was in VW12 Windows OS coming to Apple OS in VW12.1

But as I've not upgraded I can't confirm. Anybody with VW12 Windows see a .skp import in their menu?

Alternatively you could try one of the other formats already available in SU to export and import.

Maybe try the new 3DS import in VW as SU does 3DS export. So long as you don't have VW12 Fundamentals that is, as its not been added in that version.

NNA regard that as an extra feature for the Industry versions, yet Sketch Up and many others lower priced programs see it as a "fundamental" file import/export capability. As you can read - not impressed!!

Alan

[ 11-18-2005, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: alanmac ]

• 2 weeks later...

This is were I got the information from, a quote from somebody on the VW mailing list

"Tom

Sketchup works well with Vectorworks. On a windows machine VW has the sketchup

fie format import. The mac will get this function with 12.1

Madis Pihlak, ASLA

Associate Professor

Architecture and Landscape Architecture

Penn State"

I must admit I glanced at it and for some reason thought this as being from Biplap at NNA, but on going back I see my error.

Maybe both will get it in VW12.1 seeing as how the discs/dongles are dual platform installable now.

Alan