2023 weirdness

Sarajs

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some issues with the new 2023 update and im trying to figure out how to fix it. Im using the connector panel tool to create "field data ports" which have a connection from the patch panel in the rack and then connect from the data port to the equipment in the field. So the connection should read that the source is the terminal panel, and the destination is the connector panel port. INSTEAD its swapping on its own to force the connector panel to be the source and the terminal panel to be the destination.

Pictures attached of what it was doing in 2022 (i.e the correct thing) and what it's doing in 2023.

Any advice on how to fix this?

2023 screenshot.png

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 3.38.41 PM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Sarajs 

The reason I’m asking to check the file is that we improved the Connect tool to allow you to draw circuits either way. Meaning OUT to IN or IN to OUT. There was a case concerning the sockets in term panels and connector panels that didn’t work but we already fixed in the next service pack. But I want to make sure you haven’t discovered something new. 

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Sarajs

I'm pretty sure I know why this is happening. I can reproduce the problem as you describe it. We will get this fixed as soon as possible.

If you get a moment to send me the file I'd still like to see it just in case there's something else I didn't spot. Thanks for reaching out and letting us know.

Best regards

Conrad