Giving Back...

Kevin K

So about a week ago I went to bed thinking about the challenge of designing a very small, slightly out of the box structure that could work as a Guest House, or simply a small living unit. Turns out, I had so much fun along the way doing this, that I thought it would be good to share 🙂

Keep in mind it is still somewhat of a work in progress and there are several items, classes, sheet layers, etc that are still blank, so just ignore all that.

All this being said, the main thing I thought some of you guys would perhaps appreciate, is that there are a LOT of cool 3d items within the file that were used for entourage and populating the interior spaces for Renderings, etc. that you could use in your own projects. No image props....I am a purist and use actual 3d stuff so the file is fairly large. I will leave it to you to navigate the file structure, etc, but look to the saved views and sheet layers to get a quick understanding of the project. Also, there are some decent Renderings within the file as well. 

Anyway, here is a dropbox link if you are interested in totally ripping off my design ideas and my 3d stuff!  🙂

It is a 2022 version.

Have fun and early Merry Christmas! 

-Kev

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dioqxtp62vkhfrr/DESIGN 50 v2022.vwx.zip?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Haha…Pat, I can’t make every background with warm water and swaying palms!! 🙂

One reason the file was on the large size was because of that very nice HDRI background of a pine forest!
If you guys have any questions regarding the file, etc, feel free to ask. 
ashot, glad you found the font…I like to use various architect-ish fonts from time to time., hence the font you noted.

I don't know about making me feel better, but definitely jealous. 😉

We are in the midst of a cold snap in Los Angeles right now.  High temp today is 58F (14C). Time for winter parkas.  😂  And yes I do realize how lucky I am compared to most other places.

But Tahiti sure seems attractive.  😀

• Like 1

Hey Jeff

Not much impact here on the island of Moorea in French Polynesia from that Tonga event you alluded to....that said, I WAS on my catamaran in Tonga around 2010 during a Tsunami.  Fortunately, I was on a mooring ball in some deeper water, so not too much happened other than the water around my boat going nuts! Roiling, swirling water and weird currents, etc.

Sadly, there were some other cruisers on boats in shallow water and man did they go on a ride!!

Scary stuff, really. One guy told me his monohull suddenly was just sitting on the bottom from all the water being sucked out to sea.....30 minutes later the sea level came back in a raging torrent and he had zero control of his boat, other than to hold on for dear life as his boat was being flung all over the place!  

Sorry, that didn't have much to do with architecture. 🙂

• Like 2