PTZ pan tilt zoom camera

Ben3B

Hello I've a file with a PTZ camera , but the lens angle isn't correct, it looks upward when setting are at default... I cant find where I can setup that setting ... 

I can set the the focal aperture range in the lens record... 

image.png.22c80e05ece289297c5674781f6c11a7.png

Can you help me ?

May some one have a ptz camera and can share it 

image.thumb.png.6e74ef9e50d0c7a54a05879830b8bca9.png

And, by the way, in top view, the angle isn't good

image.thumb.png.57c3e9371204cfc1d33d8fb9ba1a82a3.png

Thanx!!!

Camera BRC v2021.vwx

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, klinzey said:

The lens in in the wrong location in the symbol.
The camera is missing the locus for the lens attachment point (and may have been in the wrong location.)
Here is the file with the fixes symbols.
Screenshot 2023-02-28 133030.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-28 132733.jpg

1965771457_CameraBRCv2023B.vwx 2.77 MB · 2 downloads

Thank you @klinzey for fixing this. I wonder if there might be a use for a sub-forum dedicated to VWX Resources which need attending-to? I have found multiple Spotlight fixtures with similar problems (lookin at you all forms of  multi-circuit fixtures). I did learn that some of these problems can be relatively straight forward user fixes, such as correct stacking top>bottom of strip light cells so they number correctly. Still; having to stop and wring out why things are not numbering correctly is a definite productivity problem.

13 hours ago, klinzey said:

The lens in in the wrong location in the symbol.
The camera is missing the locus for the lens attachment point (and may have been in the wrong location.)
Here is the file with the fixes symbols.

Thank's for fixing 🙂

Can you explain how you did it ?

I really loved to learn and have a better understanding of the architecture's symbols 🙂

Also, 

As soon as I select an other camera and come back to the first on it doesn't remind the good "stuff" in the OIP (lens, camera body ...)

And If I want to edit lens and camera body settings (such as zoom range, sensor size...) I have to edit the symboles instance, click in an empty place and edit the record ?

thank you 🙂 

Edited by Ben59
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
11 hours ago, Ben59 said:

As soon as I select an other camera and come back to the first on it doesn't remind the good "stuff" in the OIP (lens, camera body ...)

I noticed that too. I filed a bug report and an engineer will investigate the issue.

And If I want to edit lens and camera body settings (such as zoom range, sensor size...) I have to edit the symboles instance, click in an empty place and edit the record ?

Correct. When editing a symbol with NO selection you are working with the record attached to the symbol. If you have something selected inside the symbol you are editing the record attached to the selected piece of geometry.

Can you explain how you did it ?

I really loved to learn and have a better understanding of the architecture's symbols

The location of the geometry in the symbol and the the location of the locus points are critical in making the video camera components work.
The camera body mounting point, where it connects to the mount (tripod) must be at 0,0,0 in the symbol and be drawn with the lens open facing left.
There must be a single locus point placed where the lens connects to the camera.

For the lens it must be so that the 0,0,0 point connects to the camera body at the locus point defined above.
The lens should be drawn to the left f the 0,0,0 point.

The tool uses these points as alignment markers to build the camera.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...