Problem with Doors in v2022

Michal Zarzecki

Question

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my machine and eventually installed v22.

In one of my projects transferred from v21 I have a couple of instances of doors used as gates. Having changed the style to Unstyled to now tweak some parameters I noticed that the 2D symbol doesn't respond to new parameters, such as width - it stays the same, although the 3D symbol changes as expected.

When I created a new style from scratch in v22 it seems that i can't change the symbol or instance's class in OIP (it's grey), which I could do before normally, like with any other symbol. What parameter controls what the "Door Class" is actually? 

8 answers to this question

If the class of a styled Door instance is greyed-out it means that that parameter is controlled by Style rather than by instance. You need to right click on the door style in the Resource Manager + select 'Plug-in Object Style Options': here you can either leave the setting controlled by style + change the class to whichever one you want, with the change affecting all instances of the style in the file, or change it to by instance which will un-grey the parameter in the OIP + allow you to set the class on an instance-by-instance basis.

• Like 1
On 12/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Tom W. said:

If the class of a styled Door instance is greyed-out it means that that parameter is controlled by Style

Yes but which parameter is it? How to change it? There is no such parameter as Door Class that can be set. Although; interestingly, some graphical aspects can be controlled by Door Class (ie. I understand the class the object is assigned to). I have created a door instance in a class active at the time of creation and now I can't change it 🤷‍♂️.

Within the door style I have a mix of what should be by style and by instance - as I had it in the previous version but I never had the problem with changing the class an end object is assigned to.

9 minutes ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

Yes but which parameter is it?

It's the first parameter in the OIP:

1894462130_Screenshot2022-12-09at10_48_39.png.fdedfa5695e8c0c2fd56469e96abdd88.png

9 minutes ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

How to change it?

As per my post above:

On 12/7/2022 at 2:04 PM, Tom W. said:

You need to right click on the door style in the Resource Manager + select 'Plug-in Object Style Options': here you can either leave the setting controlled by style + change the class to whichever one you want, with the change affecting all instances of the style in the file, or change it to by instance which will un-grey the parameter in the OIP + allow you to set the class on an instance-by-instance basis.

I think you don't understand me @Tom W.

I know how to change a class and where it lives in the OIP.  But I can't change it and I can't find the parameter/ setting in the Door Style that controls it. When my door is saved as a named style the class can no longer be changed. 

I compared it with door styles in my v21 file (where I didn't have this problem) and I can't see what is different.

Edited by Michal Zarzecki
Just now, Michal Zarzecki said:

When my door is saved as a named style the class can no longer be changed. 

As I've said several times you need to open the 'Plug-in Object Style Options' dialog by right-clicking on the door style in the Resource Manager. In this dialog you will find the parameter that controls whether the container class for the door is set by style or by instance.