Windows have crosses

Annabel Bridge

Question

5 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, Annabel Bridge said:

Hi @Tom W.
I've got the same issue again so I carefully checked your words of wisdom and have turned off NonPlot 😀  How do I make it invisible by default please?
Thanks!

Erm I think it will depend on the symbol/PIO you are bringing into your file + whether the NonPlot class is invisible in the file the resource is saved in or not. In general, when you bring the stock Doors or Windows into a blank file the NonPlot class will be brought in too but will be invisible by default. Are you finding the opposite to be the case?

If I have a blank file + I bring a symbol into it which is saved with NonPlot visible, it will bring NonPlot into the file in a visible state.

Likewise, if I bring in a symbol which is saved with NonPlot invisible, it will bring NonPlot into the file in an invisible state.

If I use one of my template files which already contains the NonPlot class in an invisible state, I can bring either of the symbols in + it will make no difference: the symbol saved in a file with NonPlot visible will not turn on my NonPlot class when I import it.

So I think you just need to make sure that if you are creating symbols which include geometry on the NonPlot class to make sure that class is turned off in the source file. And if you use templates containing the NonPlot class make sure they're saved with that class turned off.

The other thing you can do is use a simple script assigned to a keyboard shortcut to easily turn NonPlot on + off. This is what I do as I want it on when I'm inserting symbols but off the rest of the time so want to be able to toggle the visibility easily. If you want this script let me know.