graphic attributes not applying

I have created some wall on a layer in a class.  The class is set to solid fill and the "use at creation" is checked.  When I click on the walls they are in that class and the fill attributes are "class style".  The walls don't fill!  I'm stumped.  They are simple two sided generic walls.  And yes, the layer and class of the walls are on and set as active layer and class, and the opacity is 100%.  Why wont they render?

BTW, I changed some walls on another layer that were drawn on the none class and rendered fine to the same class as the ones above.  They rendered fine bu the ones on the layer in question just wont work.

A couple things to try:

1. Select the problem walls. In the attributes palette find the control flyout pane and enable  the “all by class” setting. Older versions of vwx had a little flippy triangle near bottom of the attributes palette to reveal the control pane. Newer versions the pane is revealed by the stack of bars icon at upper right of the palette. There might also have been a version with a gear icon for this control pane, but not sure. Anyway even with class definition set to Use at Creation, and object assigned to the class, the attributes palette might have the fill and other options set to a custom option rather than By Class. The custom setting would prevail. 

2.  Select the walls then in OIP, choose Edit Components and verify that the components are assigned to desired classes and options. Or if these are styled walls, open the Resource Manager, and edit the style definition to verify that the components are named, classed and optioned for by class as desired. 

post back if no joy. 
Please create a signature in your Forum Account Settings. Trouble shooting is easier if our posts reveal vwx version, OS version and brief hardware description. 

-B

I'm having this issue with Roofs and Roof Faces.

What is it about these objects that restricts pen opacity to be un-linked from class opacity?

I've unchecked the link box in class editor and set the pen opacity to be 100% when fill is 30%, and I've checked the components in the OIP to be 'by class' but Attribute palette fixes the pen and fill to be linked regardless and will not allow the edit permitted for other objects.