vectorworks 2023 startup freezing on loading cineware

sLMA

Question

10 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @sLMA I just updated to Ventura 13.0.1 and mine is an M1 Max 32GB laptop.  I launched SP2 679327 and loading Cineware step took about 12 seconds.  Launched again and it took about 3 seconds - second launch is faster because OS does a security check with every file on first install.

You might try restarting the computer and try relaunching again if you haven't tried that yet.

If it still has problems we will have to dig deeper.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:40 PM, Dave Donley said:

Hello @sLMA I just updated to Ventura 13.0.1 and mine is an M1 Max 32GB laptop.  I launched SP2 679327 and loading Cineware step took about 12 seconds.  Launched again and it took about 3 seconds - second launch is faster because OS does a security check with every file on first install.

You might try restarting the computer and try relaunching again if you haven't tried that yet.

If it still has problems we will have to dig deeper.

Thank you Dave, I just updated to SP3 and Ventura 13.1 and I have to check if the delay has solved. 

I have had this problem intermittently. I can leave the splash screen for 30 minutes or so and VW has started. Then I have no problems for a month or more. I just restarted the computer for another reason and VW is stuck on loading Cineware. I'm on SP2 and Monterey so I don't think it is Ventura related. Probably VW or Cineware.  

I got two suggestions from support (who also have had the problem)…

1. Remove Redshift from Cineware / plugins and launch VW.

2. If you still have the same issue, rename Cineware folder and launch VW.

HTH

D

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 hours ago, DMcD said:

I have had this problem intermittently. I can leave the splash screen for 30 minutes or so and VW has started. Then I have no problems for a month or more. I just restarted the computer for another reason and VW is stuck on loading Cineware. I'm on SP2 and Monterey so I don't think it is Ventura related. Probably VW or Cineware.  

I got two suggestions from support (who also have had the problem)…

1. Remove Redshift from Cineware / plugins and launch VW.

2. If you still have the same issue, rename Cineware folder and launch VW.

HTH

D

Hello @DMcD Try SP3 now that it is out.  It may remove this problem.

Yep, this problem starting cropping up for me in the last couple of weeks.  Have not changed anything on computer.  Running Monterrey and SP4.   Starting to happen more often than not.  Restarting VW, restarting computer, does not work.  Removing Cineware folder does.  But, then you have rendering issues, of course.  

Hmmh,

I read about Cineware loading issues in the past. So in case I watch

VW start welcome window, I usually keep an eye on Cineware.

But usually that doesn't take exceptionally long for me.

I am more used that the License check is slowest.

But when I started today and accidentally watched the welcome screen,

I had to notice that VW looks stalling quite a while with the Revit plugin (!?)

Overall start time of course much longer than agreeable as usual, but Revit

took definitely longer than Cineware here.

Having exactly the same issue with 2023 SP8 and 2024 SP3 on an M1 Mac with macOS 13.6.4.

Opening Vectorworks appears to stall at 'Loading Cineware' and removing Redshift from the plugins means it continues opening but then stalls on 'Performing Final Initialization'. This has been an intermittent problem for a while but today I can't get Vectorworks to open at all.

• Like 1