Hang fixtures in on truss

Hello guys

I need hang some fixtures on diferente locations of truss.

Usually, we just hang on the lower pipes of the truss, but now I have the necessity to hang some fixtures on the front top pipe of the truss.

I already tried but I never have a position to snap a fixture on top pipe.
How I can make it?
image.png.eb0b8d323feb3da4ee08e6725c7ca862.png

Another question.
I  hang fixtures on truss, but sometimes the fixtures dont snap on the center of the pipe.
image.thumb.png.1e64f41e101d742425f7562160668aa0.png

Thank you in advance

Cristiano

This is an issue that needs to be addressed in a future version.In the meantime, I have worked around by either painstakingly manually positioning instruments, OR adding hanging positions hidden or buried in the truss. If possible on other layers so that things do not get confused by trying to attach to the wrong places.

• Like 1

Press “Command +” to attach lighting device to top chord center of truss.

As Kevin mentioned, you'll have to manually move the instruments offstage to the chords. Be careful that you don't snap them in an elevation view because they might move along the chord in the process. Draw a dim or a rectangle and then use the Move command / dialog. Or just do it in Plan view.

This has been widely report for a few years now since the regression was introduced.

When it comes to positioning and numbering lighting devices on truss chords, i fought the good fight, but finally gave up on using standard truss or converting to hanging positions. Instead, i've drawn "blown out" trussing that's comprised merely of lines and polygons, and carefully number each chord before final printing.

In this screen shot of the East Truss, each chord has it's own position name, and each chord starts with a unit #1 [except for On and Off Top, which started with a mover, labeled as zero.]

Truss example.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MrTemplate said:

each chord has it's own position name, and each chord starts with a unit #1 [except for On and Off Top, which started with a mover, labeled as zero.]

'liked' only so far as that is an excellent workaround. It will get the show hung, but It won't help you with Vision or other means or pre-program/pre-viz.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kevin Allen said:

'liked' only so far as that is an excellent workaround. It will get the show hung, but It won't help you with Vision or other means or pre-program/pre-viz.

Absolutely agreed. I'll also admit i've never tried to hang lighting devices on all four chords and then convert that into Vision. i would be thrilled to see anyone who could successfully achieve pulling that rabbit out of the hat.

• Like 2
On 12/3/2022 at 3:48 PM, Mark Aceto said:

We all just need switch to HUD full time, and then the problem will solve itself 😉

We still yoke fixtures out on HUD truss (both top and bottom chords) as well as connect to the onstage and off stage chords, sometimes to the verticals and often to the legs in either the leg or catwalk position. Not to mention that VWX does not know to snap the fixtures on the center chord to the TOP of the truss, unless, of course, you’ve inverted the truss into a basket……

….but yes, we all need to switch to HUD truss. (Or Tyler GT, Christie F-type, PRG BAT, or the SGPS version whose name escapes me.)

😉

Edited by scottmoore
  • Like 1