Very underwhelming performance, especially in OpenGL rendering mode

nickvaphiadis

Question

Hello,

I'm at a bit of a loss here. My computer ran pretty good but was getting dated so I upgraded my CPU, motherboard, ram, the whole shooting match. After putting it back together and starting fresh on a new high end M.2 as a boot drive and vectorworks drive only it runs awful for vectorworks. It has no problem with any of the rendering engines or video editing software I use, but vectorworks chokes a pretty well spec'd computer up on wireframe and openGL renders all of a sudden. I've been using vectorworks for years and never experienced this even while using a laptop so its a little bizarre to me.

Specs:

i9-13900k

64 gig's 6400mhz ddr5 ram

rtx3090

sabrent rocket m.2

Any help on getting it to be a little better optimized would be very much appreciated. I can't even move around a set of chairs without it crashing repeatedly on a current project. About to dust off the old ryzen 3900 and put it back in. TIA

5 answers to this question

Ive seen discussion on other boards that the latest NVIDIA driver has been causing trouble. Perhaps your machine is trying to use the RTX but abandoning it and making do with the onboard graphics of the i9.

Perhaps reverting back to an earlier version might help:

This from the Lumion forum: NVIDIA Drivers 522.25 Released 13 October 2022 (edit: and 522.30/526.47) Causes Issues

• Like 3
On 12/1/2022 at 8:15 PM, bcd said:

Ive seen discussion on other boards that the latest NVIDIA driver has been causing trouble. Perhaps your machine is trying to use the RTX but abandoning it and making do with the onboard graphics of the i9.

Perhaps reverting back to an earlier version might help:

This from the Lumion forum: NVIDIA Drivers 522.25 Released 13 October 2022 (edit: and 522.30/526.47) Causes Issues

I thought maybe this could be a contributing factor since they just came out with the 40 series cards they have been cranking out driver updates left and right they are bound to screw something up.

I'll revert a few versions to something more stable and give that a shot.

Thank