Glass Texture

I've finished building a model of a house I'm working on. I'm now in the rendering stage of the project but I've run into a small problem. The model itself is an exterior view only, as in I didn't create anything in the interior. I want to place a glass texture for the Style Glazing on my windows but I not quite sure what parameters to use.

I've seen several examples of VW Renderings that utilize a texture that has glass like attributes but does not allow for a transparent view of the interior.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:

http://www.vectordepot.com/gallery1.shtml#Burkholder

Any suggestions?

Thank You Brian,

Both of those examples work very well. I'm still in the early stages of understanding relfectivity, so help from time to time is greatly appreciated. I also wanted to ask you if you have an online portfolio of your work. I found your work posted on VectorDepot and I now have aspirations to create renderings of that quality and detail.

Thanks again for your help

Thank you for your comments, Vectorworks can be quite a bumpy road. But since I'm paid to spend eight hours on VW a day I must credit my boss somewhat. Always ask questions, I don't know where I'd be if the kind people on this Tech board here hadn't assisted in my learning process. The more input the better. Sorry, I don't have an online portfolio but two things I recommend spending time on is your lighting and your textures and if you haven't downloaded a skydome you probably should. Keep using the Tech Board and good luck!

Thank You Everyone

Hi William, My name is Brian Burkholder, the glass in those images has the values detailed here

-

Though this next one is my newest work

-

Just add a panoramic photo into the foreground for reflections, and maybe some quick curtains because there is a small amount of transparency

-

Hope you can use the info.

Good Luck,

Brian B

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by SacSurfin':

Hi William, My name is Brian Burkholder, the glass in those images has the values detailed here

-

-

Just add a panoramic photo into the foreground for reflections, and maybe some quick curtains because there is a small amount of transparency

-

Good Luck,

Brian B

quote:

Originally posted by SacSurfin':

-

-

-

Good Luck,

Brian B

Hello Brian:

I can't read these attachments. Do you havea text version of these? Thanks

Hey pethose, I had put two versions of my windows textures, the old and the new. The new window texture I have found to work well has the following settings. For the color I used clouds with a BG Color of Black, a cloud color of white a scale of eleven and max detail, for reflectivity I used glass simple with a specular at the sixth mark, transmission at the tenth, mirror at the fifth, rough at the second, and refraction at the fourth mark. Finally I gave it a transparency at the fifth mark. Now that's my newest window texture. It's come a long way from my first and I personally think they look pretty good. But of course the setting could still be tweaked a little more but that can go on forever. Hope that helps and good luck.