AUTO-SAVE Custom Location resets to default "Save over original" after every Service Pack update

L_M

Question

Have  noticed over the last two service pack updates (one for 2022 & then now for 2023) that my Auto-save custom location (in this case a separate drive on my PC) gets reset to "Save over original file" without me knowing it.  I have just learned this after crashing and losing some work from a past version that was needed.  Very frustrating. 
The previous v2022 incident, before discovering this,  caused me to be bereft of nearly a half-month of no incremental file backups.  There was a cloud server issue where we lost some files, and my Auto-save backup locally to a separate disk is usually the safety backup for files on a job. AKA the reason I have a separate drive that only ever stores backups.  This Service Pack update causing Auto-save custom location to be lost is surprising...and especially in the event that there was no warning that it would happen, or so it seems.

Is there a way for future updates to maintain custom settings...please?  I have no idea if there are other custom settings being reset upon update, but this one is a really harsh one to find out "by surprise".

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet