Final Render!!!!

trang

Toggle,

You need to be far more specific when asking questions like that.

Apart from always including the specs of your machine, OS, Video card and driver(mostly relevant to Windows), VW version; without knowing what sort of file, what sort of objects, what sort of Layer/Class visibility settings etc etc, no-one can possibly guess what you're doing or not doing ;-)

N.

If you do a search, you will see that there are some objects in the vectorworks library that will cause a crash. One that caused me to crash was a chair symbol.

You might also try just rendering the house to see if that works. 400 MB is a pretty hefty file size.

How do I do a search to find out where the problem is?

I've tried rendering just the house and landscape separate and the house renderes fine...so I figured the crashing had to do with the landscape. I brought each plant type in one at a time and rendered it to find out what was cause the problem...I got rid of the ones that didn't work and it fully rendered once with shadow. So I don't know what else I can do to make it work.

I tried to do a final render again but it still came up blank, but I can see the light source and click on the link layered objects.

Is there a final render options where I can select what I want it to do?

I think Kevin means searching this Bulletin Board (link at top right); there have been a number of posts recently around this subject.

Was your file created in VW11.5 or converted from earlier versions?

Finding the dodgy objects involves the tedious process you have already done with the plants; one at a time.

400Mb is definitely hefty, do you know where all that size is coming from?

The file was done in VW 11.5. I'm not sure where the sizes are coming from...at one point I made 2 separate files to see what the size was on its own. The house file was 208MB and the landscape was 184MB and they render fine on it's own.

My understanding was the PIO's causing problems with renders related to old versions. I've certainly experienced render issues with things not showing up, but they were old files converted to several newer versions.

You would think that the objects supplied with the program would be OK, but there are always, always bugs with computers :-(

Sorry, I've run out of ideas; perhaps 400Mb is a practical limit for VW??

Maybe someone from NNA has some ideas? Sending the file to Tech Support could be an issue....

[ 07-19-2005, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: propstuff ]

I also was thinking it may be a memory issue. I am no expert here, but with a 400mb file, that might be exceeding the ability of your 2GB computer.

You could use Activity Monitor to examine how your memory is being allocated when you have a successful render and an unsuccessful one.

Activity Monitor should be in your Utilities folder, under Applications.

Another thing you could try is do make a couple of versions: an "exterior" with all the inside of the building stripped away to make a smaller file, and an "Interior" with most of the landscape stripped out.

2 (or more) smaller walk through movies could be made and spliced with Quicktime Pro.

I have created a 3d model of a 10,000 sq.ft.house with landscape. The file size is just under 400MB. When I render it with shadow mode...sometimes the image is completed, sometimes only half way, and somtimes crashes. I want to do the final render so that I can do a walkthrough and make a movie in quicktime. I do have 1 light source,but no cameras. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so any info me would be appreciated.

Thanks,