Changing colours of door in 3d / elevation

HLJ

Hi all,

I have a door that I put in from the VW libraries, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change its textures. Can anyone help me figure this out please?

This is my door:

218192165_Screenshot2022-11-23at18_05_43.png.58d9b4f5a1533e503803be62e4296ecf.png

Here's its class settings. 

835161466_Screenshot2022-11-23at18_08_09.thumb.png.1abbb2c8f4d7ab4ed2b6e66f28506370.png

As you can see I've tried changing the exterior panel to a class that has a grey texture applied, but whatever I do the door won't budge from its wood texture. Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks very much!

On 11/23/2022 at 7:27 PM, Tom W. said:

Does it use a Custom Leaf? If so edit the leaf symbol. The textures are probably assigned by object

That was it, thank you! I'd tried editing the custom leaf but hadn't thought to check the render settings in there for some reason

For anyone else who might see this in the future: find the custom leaf in resource manager > edit 3d > select the door & any other components > Render tab > change texture to 'by class' > exit out and in the door settings, under classes, assign a class with the texture you want to the panels.

7 minutes ago, HLJ said:

find the custom leaf in resource manager > edit 3d > select the door & any other components > Render tab > change texture to 'by class' > exit out and in the door settings, under classes, assign a class with the texture you want to the panels.

I don't think this is correct. When you use a Custom Leaf symbol the PIO class settings for the leaf become redundant: the textures for the leaf are set within the symbol + you can't change the class the symbol geometry is assigned to via the Door Settings. Only the PIO elements remain controllable from the Door Settings e.g. the jambs, threshold, fanlight, etc. The only way to change the texture on a Custom Leaf is to edit the symbol. I have multiple custom leaves for different colours/finishes. You are basically referencing-in a symbol into your PIO which takes the place of the PIO-generated geometry.

Unless I'm completely missing something that is!