Ceiling - Light Fixtures no longer overlay grid

Shortnort

Question

14 answers to this question

Pat, thanks for trying to help. 

View is Top/Plan View.

Yes to Snap to Grid.

The grid does NOT align with Snap Grid - the ceiling grid origins almost always are centered into the room or offset 1' in order to have aesthetic ceiling grid layout.

I copied and pasted a ceiling from another job, used the light fixture as in my problem case and it worked perfectly.

I created a test grid, inserted the light fixture and it worked perfectly.

So one may ask - why not create another grid...  Well - this is a 3 story building over 50,000 sf in size.  I may be forced to redo all of the grids, but I sure hope there is a much simpler and time effective way to get this to work.

image.png.2333ef760bea0a4fc45297b54e3891cf.png

17 hours ago, Shortnort said:

For some reason I can not get my 2x4 light fixture to lay over the grid.  Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

I have a solid fill for the 2D symbol - the same as previous projects, but since upgrading to 2022, it doesn't seem to work properly.

image.png.de870397a32d550de5bd0797977381a2.png

Perhaps I've misunderstood but is it not just a case of sending the symbol to front (or Ceiling Grid to back)?

I have not changed anything... The layers, heights, visibilities, symbols, grid types, etc. are the same.  Using the existing grids (the entire building is effected/infected) will not allow the fixture to "overlay" the grid.  I even tried changing the symbol, fill, etc., to no avail.  I have tried changing the origin.  The only solution I have found is to delete the grid and reinstall the grid and it works like a champ.

The reason I did all of the grids to begin with wa to allow me to send dwg to MEP consultants to locate their ceiling penetrations.

Very disappointing that I have to redo the whole building, but what better things to do over Thanksgiving?

Thanks, I will do that.  But first, I thought I would share this...

I moved the original grids to a new class Ceiling Grid 2.

I created new grids on the original class and it worked fine.

I deleted everything on the new class (select all - delete).

Whe I tried to delete the new class I got the following message...

image.thumb.png.ec993bb3ef556bdf3e893bcbea56790f.png

It si strange since everything in the class had been removed.  So - I think that is a clue as to what is happening.