Ceiling Height in Worksheet

Ramon PG

4 hours ago, Silvano said:

Normally I use: Setting Top Bound (the layer of the ceiling) and Bottom Bound (finish floor) in (Space settings: 3D Boundaries pane) and after, use in the database report:
='Space'.'NetElevatonTopBound'
But it's better to wait for other answers.

That will give you the Design Layer elevation info or the item elevation info?

17 hours ago, Silvano said:

Normally I use: Setting Top Bound (the layer of the ceiling) and Bottom Bound (finish floor) in (Space settings: 3D Boundaries pane) and after, use in the database report:
='Space'.'NetElevatonTopBound'
But it's better to wait for other answers.

I see that gives you the height of the Space Object which is nice when designing.

In the sample file you sent me, all of the ceiling grids are in their own layer and have the same height relative to the layer of Zero. So they are all at the Layer Height.

So if this is all you need, you can set the Gross Height of the Space to correspond to the Ceiling layer and then report the Space Height.

If you want to be able to change the height of the ceiling grid in different spaces, that will take more work, but you could probably come up with a worksheet formula that would use the ceiling layer height and the Z of the ceiling grid to return the actual height. It would be more difficult in a multi-story configuration where you would have to also subtract the layer height of the space.

Do you have what you need or do you need more?