Image Props of people not rendering in Shaded mode, VW 2022

MGuilfoile

Question

The subject line says it all. The Entourage realistic people are not rendering with Shaded mode anymore. They used to. Now they don't. All the settings are set to "high." This is on Windows 10, VW 2022. It is a real pain having to resort to Fast Renderworks or some other slower selection that works. As I said: it used to work; now it doesn't. Any advice?

Thanks,

MHBrown

8 answers to this question

Well, I don't have a file open right now, but since the other two dozen textures are clearly visible, I'd say yes. I'm pretty sure I checked all the boxes for "very high," etc. It's not something obvious like that, anyway. The same thing seems to happen with any texture with an image map. It may be related to the thumbnail images not showing up in the resource pallet, although that seems to be most of the textures and not just those with transparency.

Hey, Jeff, you should double-check previous posts before you try out your insult comedy routine. If you know how to read, please see my previous post where I state that I have all the boxes your overly tatted slacker is pointing at.  I also have "very high" checked. This seems to be a problem with the textures that use image maps for transparency, but I'm not sure if it is limited to those. Sorry for all the big words.

MHBrown

• Dislike 1
4 hours ago, MGuilfoile said:

Hey, Jeff, you should double-check previous posts before you try out your insult comedy routine. If you know how to read, please see my previous post where I state that I have all the boxes your overly tatted slacker is pointing at.  I also have "very high" checked. This seems to be a problem with the textures that use image maps for transparency, but I'm not sure if it is limited to those. Sorry for all the big words.

MHBrown

Sorry you feel that way.

You said "Image Props of people not rendering in Shaded mode, VW 2022", which is incorrect.

The image I posted used the built-in image-prop based entourage elements displayed in shaded mode, demonstrating it works.

To Jeff and any others who didn't understand my question, it is definitely NOT working. In fact, Shaded in VW 2022 SP4 does not show textures with transparency masks at all, not just image props. I need to expand my original problem that Shaded view fails to render ANY textures with transparency masks, not just image props. I just want to know if it works in VW 2023.

• Dislike 1
3 hours ago, MGuilfoile said:

To Jeff and any others who didn't understand my question, it is definitely NOT working. In fact, Shaded in VW 2022 SP4 does not show textures with transparency masks at all, not just image props. I need to expand my original problem that Shaded view fails to render ANY textures with transparency masks, not just image props. I just want to know if it works in VW 2023.

I don't what to tell you.  There must be something wrong on your end.

As you have not posted a file of the problem, it's pretty hard to determine what is causing your issue, or even what it looks like.

The built in textures, people, plants, image props, and user created content all display transparency in VWX 2022, also works in 2023.\

Here's what it looks like on every computer I use...

Perforated metal, glass, even a tree made from an image prop with an alpha channel with 50% transparency.  This is shaded mode, not rendered.

755003147_ScreenShot2023-01-16at17_51_27.thumb.png.ff4437e88ee3183170dd6b39d08734b3.png

• Love 1