Conventional Focus and colour information not importing into vision?? 2023 SP1

Is it correct that in Vision 2023 SP1, the pan, tilt and colour information that is entered into the vectorworks file does not come across into Vision? I have not tested Gobo.

I ask, because the below post and a few others regarding Vision 2020 suggest ESC still worked where as MVR does not. Send to vision is now an MVR file and I tried exporting an ESC with no success.

Maybe I am doing it wrong?

Screenshot 2022-11-20 141307.png

Screenshot 2022-11-20 141436.png

@bbudzon

Ah Ha!

I've been doing it wrong for many a year now making my life unnecessarily hard haha I feel like remember this from way back when it was still ESP Vision with the USB to DMX dongle but my memory does get the better of me.

I had only been going as far as entering colour into the "object info pallet" within vectorworks and of course that isn't "far enough" into doing whats required duh!

As always, appreciate the quick support!

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It can get a little confusing at times having the different gobo and color options. The main reason we separated the "previz" gobos and colors is because previz supports multiple gobo wheels (with multiple gobos for each wheel) and the same with colors and color wheels.

If you're working with previz, it can be advantageous to set all of this up on the VW side. But, if you're not working with previz, it can become cumbersome and a simpler UI beneficial.

Apologies for the confusion, but glad it all makes sense now!