No control of plug-in- object textures

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Since updating to 11.5 I cant control the textures of windows & doors with the "style" buttons. (trims, doors, jambs etc)It used to work in 9.5? I am setting up the style class with a texture like I used to but it wont affect the PIO The only way I can get them to accept a texture is to change the class of the whole object to the style I have set up. This takes away all fine control of different elements/surfaces. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes ... and yes .. it has become incredibly confusing reminding me of the way 3D Studio used to handle these issues. Although, there comes a point when all the selections are once again activated. I've also noticed that if a window symbol is placed into a wall the Glazing Style will not become transparent until the symbol is 'flipped'... but this does not work so well for doors.

My contention is that the way VW utilizes generic 'Style 1' Style 2 etc for every PIO is utter nonsense as is the Class Assignment of Attributes which often do not assign at all.

NNA needs to rethink their approach and provide nested includes for these important and indispensible functions. most Users are experiencing similar issues which serve to degrade performance.

Phew, so I'm NOT hallucinating!

What a releif on the one hand and bummer if there is no fix. Is there a fix? Like I say, it used to work (sort of)in earlier versions. It was never easy or ideal but with perserverence you could get a window/door looking something like it was supposed to. And I have noticed that assigning attributes by class generally is unreliable. Has anyone got any suggestions and is Nemetschek aware of this issue?

The only way I've been able to add textures satisfactorily to a PIO is by placing the PIO, converting to group, applying the textures, and then creating a new symbol (or vice versa on the last two steps). I've not figured out how to rotate the texture map on a piece of a PIO (table leg, mullion, etc), so particularly for wood grains, this is my preferred method. I typically set up frequently used textures by class.

-heather

The only way I've been able to add textures satisfactorily to a PIO is by placing the PIO, converting to group, applying the textures, and then creating a new symbol (or vice versa on the last two steps). I've not figured out how to rotate the texture map on a piece of a PIO (table leg, mullion, etc), so particularly for wood grains, this is my preferred method. I typically set up frequently used textures by class.

-heather

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Somewhere out there in Vectorworks Time-Space there are a whole bunch of unused 'Styles' just floating around with no place to go. Thankfully the Real World doesn't work this way. The Real World uses materials. The materials become the styles not the other way round !

The ideal PIO would allow for the assignment of materials and those materials would be linked to Door Objects, etc. The result would be that we could show/hide all Doors with 'DR-Wood-white", or any of the parts, selectively. A combination of materials would then allow for the creation of a 'Entrance Door Style Class'. The way things are now is utterly without redemption.