Rack Frame, Renumber slots.

Jeff.Sullivan

I know that we can't always have what we want, but I am hopeful there is a way to make my customer happy.

Is there a way in connect cad to renumber the slots on a "rack frame" I can't find away to do this on my own. The problem is some companies number of slots opposite of what you would think and they want the drawings to match.  Is there away to renumber the slots so the drawing will match? As you can see in the picture slot one is on the top right, two is bottom right. I know that Evertz is not the only company out there with this kind of numbering. Riedel 32 and 64 frames are different.

Thanks for the help in advance.

SCP-X18-Back.thumb.PNG.4d7a5578ed191c01be3248dab9a14b4c.PNG

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello all,

14 hours ago, Sullivan.NEP said:

I know that we can't always have what we want, but I am hopeful there is a way to make my customer happy.

Is there a way in connect cad to renumber the slots on a "rack frame" I can't find away to do this on my own. The problem is some companies number of slots opposite of what you would think and they want the drawings to match.  Is there away to renumber the slots so the drawing will match? As you can see in the picture slot one is on the top right, two is bottom right. I know that Evertz is not the only company out there with this kind of numbering. Riedel 32 and 64 frames are different.

Thanks for the help in advance.

SCP-X18-Back.thumb.PNG.4d7a5578ed191c01be3248dab9a14b4c.PNG

- Currently it is not possible to change the numbering of the slots in a rack frame. I will log an enhancement request based on this post so that we can consider this functionality.

9 hours ago, Sullivan.NEP said:

With this can anyone help me have the slots extend to the right of the block? Every time that I drop it in as 3 slots it extends past the frame.

slotsdown.PNG

- Modular Equipment items extend in a direction based on the width/height proportions that they have. If Height > Width the equipment will extend to the right. Otherwise it will extend to the bottom.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2