Fixture Movement Speed

Hello all, 

I was wondering if there is a way to set custom fixture speed in Vision? I have loaded in some fixtures I've used IRL previously, but I see the Pan/Tilt & Zoom/Iris controls are reflected much slower in Vision than in real life. I was wondering if there is any way to change that speed in Vision?

Thank you in advance!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The fixture speed is hard coded in the content and should be accurate. If it is not, I would like to see a bug opened to address the issue.

That being said, some fixtures support an MSpeed that is controlled via DMX. I could be wrong, but I always thought this MSpeed to stand for Motor Speed. You can send various DMX values to the MSpeed channel of the fixture and it will increase/decrease the motor speed accordingly.

For example, the Robe Wash 250 XT in Mode 1 has a "Speed of PAN/TILT movement" on Channel 5; where 0 is max speed and 249 is min speed.

I hope this helps! And if you've found fixtures which do not support the MSpeed or just generally do not pan/tilt/zoom/iris at the proper speeds, contact Technical Support and let them know the make/models and we can have our content team investigate the values that are being used.