Seing thru object: transparency problem

alain

Hi everyone. Here's the point. I've been modeling a bathroom and i've set my walls transparent because the camera is looking at the place from the outside. I also model electric cables inside my walls. The problem i encounter is when i'm trying to look a the cables inside a wall, thru a wall (hrmm it's not very... how can i say... clear isn't it? hehehe ) so an image worth a thousand word. Look the image under you'll understand what i mean. Is it a bug?

(i have version 10.5 with renderwork) and teh second image was rendered using custom renderwork option all setting at higher quality

-

[ 05-10-2005, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: aboisclair ]

I've had issues with transparencys that are set too close to other objects. If they are too close, they can be unpredictable and cause themselves to not be transparent anymore. This may be your problem.

Of course you do have the check boxes for transparency set.

There seems to be a limit to how many successive layers of transparent surfaces, the application can handle in final quality renderworks. Try using custom renderworks, and set the 'recursion level' to 5 or 6, while keeping the other settings at the best levels. If this doesn't cure the problem, I have no further ideas.

• 2 weeks later...