Decal Texture map does not work in VW 2022

MGuilfoile

Question

5 answers to this question

On 11/14/2022 at 12:46 PM, Tom W. said:

I've only used Decals a handful of times but every occasion it took a bit of searching to find them on the object (offset H + V in OIP)... It looked like nothing had happened but the decal was way off the side of the object + needed reeling in...

Decals seem pretty counter-intuitive as-built to me. User wise, Want to select a resource and click on a face to place it, then drag/scale/etc till done. Applying a decal and then hunting for it hasn't made sense to me yet, but it's just as likely I'm missing whatever crucial step in the decal workflow…

@mjm I agree. The few times I've used them the results were great in the end but I didn't feel entirely in control of the operation or confident of the outcome. Also a couple of times the decal has disappeared after I'd set it up then I'd have to shake things around to try + coax it to reappear. The fact you're having to use a render style as well each time to see the thing slows the process down further. Actually @MGuilfoile that's another thing to bear in mind: Decals don't work in OpenGL/Shaded...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tom W. said:

@mjm I agree. The few times I've used them the results were great in the end but I didn't feel entirely in control of the operation or confident of the outcome. Also a couple of times the decal has disappeared after I'd set it up then I'd have to shake things around to try + coax it to reappear. The fact you're having to use a render style as well each time to see the thing slows the process down further. Actually @MGuilfoile that's another thing to bear in mind: Decals don't work in OpenGL/Shaded...

@Tom W. wow yes totally forgot about that render style limitation