lisagravy

Question

Anyone had any success with KML export from Vectorworks? Almost got a lovely 3D model into Google Earth Pro, but it comes in about 100m off in terms of location.

I think the geo-referencing in Vectorworks is ok... any tips or tricks to get it to work? 

Note we've already looked at this on Vectorworks University - seems now I don't even have to put the lat/long in, as it's picked up from the document geo-referencing, so I have no control really over location other than this, and my file settings are correct...

Edited by lisagravy
add Vectorworks Uni link
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question

On 11/14/2022 at 10:15 AM, lisagravy said:

Anyone had any success with KML export from Vectorworks? Almost got a lovely 3D model into Google Earth Pro, but it comes in about 100m off in terms of location.

I think the geo-referencing in Vectorworks is ok... any tips or tricks to get it to work? 

Note we've already looked at this on Vectorworks University - seems now I don't even have to put the lat/long in, as it's picked up from the document geo-referencing, so I have no control really over location other than this, and my file settings are correct...

I created a project in Google Earth Pro, inserted a marker at the location and copied latitude and longitude from it. I entered this data in the "KML Export Options" and exported the file. In Google Earth Pro, I opened the .kml and it inserted my model exactly in the place of the marker. I don't show it because my model is too ugly 😎