Export as .sat, without using "as trimmed surfaces option".

Larry B.

VW12 has an excellent assortment of mechanical objects. Most of my drawings include threaded parts, and the customer wants the threads accuratly drawn as helical cut, not cosmetic or simplified. My problem is exporting VW files as .sat, .dwg/.dxf, .stl,.iges and obtaining a usable file to use in other programs, AutoCAD, Concepts Unlimited, Cobalt. The only files that will export fine are the set screws with hex socket, not square head or slotted. I am using Win XP SP2. I have tried every option in every program over the last 3 weeks, including "simplify object", "check object", "repair object" adjusting heal gaps etc. Hopefully someone has a simple solution.

Thanks, Larry

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dunsterville,

The only version of VW that I have ever used is VW12. I did find that exporting a VW12 file as an .igs, and than importing the same file back into VW12, and then exporting the same file as a .sat, will not prompt for the "export as trimmed surfaces option" and some of the files are usable in my other programs. It's a start, hopefully file translation will improve.