VW 2018 Print only dimensions in colour

I use VW in a simple way best described as a 2d digital pencil drawing lines and polygons with minimal classes and historically publish to PDF in B&W.  I draw on my computer screen with a black background and use colours associated to line weights

I find myself wanting to publish my pdf such that only the dimensions are in colour or maybe a couple other select items to enhance readability of the pdf or on paper, but keep the bulk of my drawing in B&W. 

I dont use viewports (havent been able to wrap my head around how they work) and typically do all my drafting on a 'rough' sheet/layer then cut and paste finished drawings to sheets A1, A2 etc.

Can someone advise if there is a way to do this, simply, without changing the entire way I draw and structure my drawings?  (old dog new tricks sort of thing).

Thanks in advance

Mark

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 9.41.31 AM.jpg

I don't remember is VW2018 had Data Visualization or not. If it does, that is probably your best bet.

No matter what you are going to have to make some modifications to what you are doing as what you want is not a typical VW workflow.

Viewports have Class Overrides so if you are generating your line colors by using Class Attributes you could just override the colors in a viewport. This would be the most typical way to accomplish what you want in VW.

Otherwise, your best option may be to save a copy of the file, change the color of everything you want black to black, print, and then revert to the original file that still has the colors.

HTH

• Like 1

VW viewports are very similar to viewports in eg Autocad;

• set up your design pace

• draw a box or any single shape around what you want and make your viewport.

and accept the option to send it to a sheet layer.

and then using the dialog turn layers and (with VW) classes on/off as desired.

When I want to do what you trying I either stack viewports eg one with content set to monochrome, the other with the colour items OR I make a monochrome vector pdf and put my  colour content over that.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:05 AM, unearthed said:

VW viewports are very similar to viewports in eg Autocad;

• set up your design pace

• draw a box or any single shape around what you want and make your viewport.

and accept the option to send it to a sheet layer.

and then using the dialog turn layers and (with VW) classes on/off as desired.

When I want to do what you trying I either stack viewports eg one with content set to monochrome, the other with the colour items OR I make a monochrome vector pdf and put my  colour content over that.

Ok, thanks - I will play around with that.  Thanks for the help.