Irrigation help

AutorainLTD

I was introduced to Vectorworks years before COVID at a Landscape Ontario conference.  After seeing a demonstration of how I can design irrigation systems for my business, I decided it would be worth the purchase.  Turns out I was not given all the information about how complex this program is.  I just want to importa drawing and plot out my parts, pipes and from there build my materials list for pricing.  Five or more years in and I still haven't designed a single irrigation system.  So today, to start, how do I get apply an on-the-ground measurement to a drawing to scale it, so I can start applying my irrigation parts?

1 minute ago, AutorainLTD said:

I was introduced to Vectorworks years before COVID at a Landscape Ontario conference.  After seeing a demonstration of how I can design irrigation systems for my business, I decided it would be worth the purchase.  Turns out I was not given all the information about how complex this program is.  I just want to importa drawing and plot out my parts, pipes and from there build my materials list for pricing.  Five or more years in and I still haven't designed a single irrigation system.  So today, to start, how do I get apply an on-the-ground measurement to a drawing to scale it, so I can start applying my irrigation parts?

I searched scale, drawing, import, measurement, etc.  I did it at the beginning of the year but it's been months since I've used this bc I haven't had the time to noodle around.