Zooming

1 hour ago, beanus said:

VW just totally crashed while trying to zoom out in a sheet layer, why is it that whenever a new version of VW comes out there are so many bugs, I'm sick of being one of the many guinea pigs that are used to test new versions of VW which none of us have signed up for.

It is often a painful experience to come to grips with how fragile VWX tends to be in its earliest iterations -.0, .1, etc. I often feel used.

Having said that, in another thread I enthusiastically offered whatever support I could to help move along a particular facet of the app which is crucial to my workflow.

Aaand, having said ^that, I'd prefer to participate in a true beta, rather than sending in complaints after the official versions come out.

another thing that annoys me is why change things that work for example the attributes palette, now when I select make all attributes by class I get arrow heads appearing, I now have to go and select none in the arrow drop down menu. This wasn't a problem in version 2020 also why shove the snaps palette down in the bottom righthand corner. The new section and elevation markers have become over complicated, why!

My studio stays a year/version behind. We have VSS so we can download and play with latest version and new features on tests or personal projects. We are just starting our first client project using 2022. It takes the pain away and doesn't change the frequency of new versions after that initial years wait. Same with Cinema 4d. Everyone is happier and less stressed. 

8 hours ago, beanus said:

now when I select make all attributes by class I get arrow heads appearing

Make sure you are on the latest service pack of VW2022. This was a change in behavior (unintentional I think) and it was rolled back to the previous behavior in SP3 (I think).  From the change forward, when you set All Attributes By Class it sets everything EXCEPT the markers to be by class. The same behavior as in 2021 and before

But you should be on the latest SP within a week or two of it being rolled out and proved to be stable. SPs contain many fixes.

I'm using VW2023 SP1

17 hours ago, JuanP said:

Are you running the latest SP1? Is this crash consistent? Or is it file related? Could you send me the crash logs? - Thanks

there doesn't seem to be a crash log, I had to use the task manager to end process, I've had to do this on quite a few occasions