Data Tag text alignment - always align toward the leader

yasin2ray

Question

Hi,

I have a SUPER WISH that I think is possible and that perhaps I just have not figured out how to set it. I want to have Data Tags that I can place on the left or right side of an object and have the text align toward the leader. What is happening that I do NOT want is a Data Tag that looks good when it's on the right but when it's on the left the text is aligned to the left and ends well before the shoulder of the leader line.

The attached example shows the issue occurring in the second line of text. I don't want it to be solely aligned left or right, I want it to align toward the leader regardless of whether the text is to the left or right side of the leader line.

Thanks!

Data Tag text alignment issue.jpg

Edited by yasin2ray
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, markdd said:

Under the Disply settings of the Data Tag, activate Mirror elements. I think that will do what you are looking for....

I don't think this works with Text...? The Text in Tag Layout can only be set to be left-aligned or right-aligned + as a consequence multi-lined DTs look right one way but not the other...

On 11/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, markdd said:

Under the Disply settings of the Data Tag, activate Mirror elements. I think that will do what you are looking for....

Mirror elements is a different thing and not what I want. But using it has benefits, at least all the lines of text are aligned on the same side. What I'm experiencing is lines of text that are not aligned on the same side. The top line is doing what I want - it is technically aligned "left" in the tag settings but it is staying next to the leader line, perhaps because of the length of the text box. The second line, which has a longer text box length, is aligned in the tag to the "left" also but that's for when it is on the right of the object. What I've had to do is create a Data Tag for right side and one for left side. I with Data Tags were smarter so I didn't have to do this. (Or, if they can do this, I need to know how to set it.)

On 11/4/2022 at 2:50 PM, Tom W. said:

I don't think this works with Text...? The Text in Tag Layout can only be set to be left-aligned or right-aligned + as a consequence multi-lined DTs look right one way but not the other...

The 'Mirror' setting does work with text and it's a good feature, it just doesn't do what I'm looking for.