resetobjects only works if executed from a sheet layer

funny thing, however I don't understand why.

first an introduction:

There's a symbol in the file with 2 space objects and 2 data stamps inside.

Every time I edit the data stamp style all stamps get scaled big and every time I export a pdf with the command "reset all Plugin objects" all data stamps get small again.

there's no right or wrong, maybe data stamp objects are not designed for being used inside symbols, I don't know... (reason - all symbol content is in scale 1:1 wether all designlayers have another scale...)

now the main part

i wrote a little script, which resets all data stamps. however, that script only works when executed from a sheet layer. When I try to run it from a design layer none of the data stamp objects is resetted. WHY?

(you can try it in the attached file, if you want)

(if you want to get big data stamps again, just edit the data stamp stile...)

@Pat Stanford @JBenghiat  @odaus

!!!! I DON'T WANT NO DATA STAMP; SYMBOL-usage or other help, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY THAT SCRIPT ACTS THAT STRANGE WAY I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND !!!!

thanks

refresh objects_3.zip

• Marionette Maven

This appears to have to do with your active layer scale. My best guess is that the script is referencing the layer scale of whatever is active when it runs, since your data tags are set to be a certain way with regards to world-based units, the scaling is layer dependent.

This can be tested by changing the active layer scale on your design layer to 1:1 and running the script (then pan or zoom to refresh the screen)

The script DOES reset the objects every time it's run, it just appears to have a dependency elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, Marissa Farrell said:

The script DOES reset the objects every time it's run, it just appears to have a dependency elsewhere.

so, the way all data stamp objects are been reseted depends on the scale of the actually open layer. Sheetlayers always are 1:1 layers, design layers aren't (1:100 in my case for example)

, it's the old scale problem in symbols, which affects that behavior again. Would be great to set up a layer to work like a wanted layer scale, as well.

Its about modular building with many instances of a generic floorplan.

Obviously that topic is in research...

image.png.8d8a85af2d02a4d880f08293fa778d07.png

damn it, another VW 2021 issue which is resolved in 2023 and maybe 2022 as well.

Maßstabsabhängig should be the word for "use world-based units" (although as far as I understand, it would mean "referred to the scale" which doesn't sound right to me...)

however. it seems not to be a scripting problem at all.

1899156517_Bildschirmfoto2022-11-04um16_00_04.thumb.png.0feee01d549762e6b776a7e593b76cf8.png794849544_Bildschirmfoto2022-11-04um16_01_27.thumb.png.e1fc2d3619272f5fe12ab7464d86b41b.png