image prop transparency mask

Mat Caird

Hey Nicholas, thanks for replying.

I open the resource, browse to the "props lo-res" file, double cick on one of them, place it in my drawing, switch to front view, render in open GL and it's correct.

I render in fast renderworks (or any other), and the prop has a blue background which obscures the model behind.

Mat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Mat:

Fast RW does not render transparency; you will have to render with Final Quality RW, Custom with transparency turned on, or ArtRW to see through the transparent mask pixels.

Also, if you have multiple props you will have to set the raytracing recursion level in the Custom RW options dialog (if you're using Custom RW) to twice the number of props you are looking through. (Final Quality RW sets this value to 5 which means you can look through 2 props at once)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello again Mat:

Looking closer at your screenshot (after looking at the cool surf pictures), you have the Color Matching Tolerance slider set all the way to the left. This means that the image is considered transparent only where the color _exactly_ matches the transparent color. It looks like there is dithering in your source image, so I bet about half of your green mask pixels don't fit within the narrow tolerance and are therefore opaque in the mask.

Try moving the tolerance over to the right. The mask background should look completely black, not any shade of gray at all, for this particular image.

Good luck,