Staircase challenge

Christiaan

Question

If the stair manufacturer can do it, Vectorworks should be able to do it.

But I'm pretty sure this stair geometry is impossible with the Stair Tool so I thought I'd throw it open to see if anybody can prove me wrong.

The problem as I see it is that the "U-Stair, double window return (90º corners only)" configuration does not allow 1 riser to the third flight (or the 1st flight for that matter). Instead it requires 2 risers (1 tread). Or another way to describe it is that there're not configurations that let you start or end on a winder.

configuration.thumb.png.006a6dd755377d76ffb702e6fc3061bf.png

staircase_challenge.vwx

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ron Kwaske said:

I think it easier to just model the stair system. This way, you have complete control, and, you will have very little detailing to do on the back end.

Certainly easier than impossible.

But we wouldn't want to work this way. Manually remodelling stairs over and over because of some small change in layout is not good for the bottom line. There's nothing special about the the vast majority of stairs in our designs. We just need to make sure they fit and comply with the building regulations. The rest is covered by specification notes and manufacturer's drawings.

• Like 4