Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

What is the SDK equivalent of VS:TrackObject?

Nebeor

I also see no other way than RunTemp tool.

You pass in the IID like this:

gSDK->RunTempTool( Your_VWExtensionToolClass::_GetIID());

You could write the data of the tool into a static class member that you acces then from the menu command or which is saver you finsih the job in the ::PointAdded method of the VWExtensionTool.

@PatW I don't think that RunTempTool executes the tool immediately, but after the menu command has been finished.

This is unusual to me compared to calling the reset of one parametric object to another parametric object using the SDK. 

I think to rather try to work with a callback method that I pass to the tool.

4 hours ago, Nebeor said:

@PatW I don't think that RunTempTool executes the tool immediately, but after the menu command has been finished.

This is unusual to me compared to calling the reset of one parametric object to another parametric object using the SDK. 

I think to rather try to work with a callback method that I pass to the tool.

That's correct, RunTempTool() will send you away from the menu command, so any data that you need passed from the menu to the tool needs to be stored in wither static variables or written to saved settings. If you're doing something like collecting a point and returning to a dialog, you need to rebuild the dialog data after running the tool.