Rendering Acceleration

Nick_Reid

Can anyone tell me if renderworks is able to take advantage of pro graphics accelerators such as the nVidia Quadra FX range or ATIs FireGL cards? Its time to update my pc since it struggles with VW11 and I'm trying to find out if I should spend resources on processor and memory or figure a red- hot graphics card into the equation.

I have heard only OpenGL takes advantage of the graphics card, other than that it really only helps display hi-res graphics faster for smooth playback. I'd first go with the processor, which is the most significant component in the rendering math calculations and then the memory. You might see a small ncrease with a new graphics card but I don't think it would be worth the money. The processor solves the equations and passes it on to the graphics card for display.

If you have the money and do alot of rendering, I would suggest a dual processor G5. It has really made a HUGE difference with our renderings

SacSurfin'

Dual 1.8 Ghz G5. 3 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.3.7, VW 11.0.1