Report formulas

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure it out formulas combination in reports especially combining =SYMBOLNAME & TrimLeft

image.png.1327bcce1dfaf40feb739195fe6212f4.png.49d1b521b68cbd88962644ac6f0704e0.pngimage.png.adf94c583d9d7d5256caebdb2ef194db.png.bf487b8d2599fbe1b852237b8b133888.png

I want to trim first 8 digits from the result of =SYMBOLNAME formula, which bigins with 7 numbers and SPACE after it.

Please provide me a construction how to combine different formulas for the future... I haven't found it in neither in help file and "https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php?title=Worksheet_Functions"

Any suggestions?
Thx for Your help in advance.

PS =TRIMLEFT(SYMBOLNAME; 8) (returns =SYMBOLNAME) & =DELETE(SYMBOLNAME,8, 1)

😎 does not work

Edited by Piotr Karczewski
adding details

This first one using Right seems closest to what you are trying to do.

=Right(C3, Len(C3)-8)

If you know that the space between the number and the name is the only space in the string, then you could use

=Substring(C3, ' ', 2). Where there is one space between the two single quotes

If you really want to use TrimLeft you can, but you have to use it properly

=TrimLeft(C3, '1234567890 ')

The second parameter is a single string that contains each of the digits and a single space. The order does not matter. Any character matching and character in the Chars string will be removed from the left end of the passed string.  If you have a symbol name that contains a number as the first character after the space, that number will be removed also.

HTH.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...