Wall components not showing in 3d views.

Boh

Hi there.

Can someone please tell me why wall components are not showing in 3d views on some walls? I've tried the eyedropper but no joy. I've just upgraded to vw2023. The images below are of a wall junction of two walls of the same style but only one is showing the lining in 3d.

image.png.5d2b766880f74bd82fb455b8f13e89b1.pngimage.thumb.png.1985d86189079731cd247c8f76e454ed.png

Edited by Boh

Thanks. I’ll take some screenshots when I’m back on the PC. However if the walls are the same style and both use component attributes for rendering and component attributes are all set by class then I can’t think why one wall should display 3D components and the other not.

The file was converted from a v2019 file to v2023 so I wonder if that is the problem?

So it looks like breaking the wall joins as well as deleting wall peaks and end caps - then redoing them, seems to have worked. Had to play around with it for a while and got some really weird behavior in the process with only one side of the wall lining showing in 3d at one point. There is a bug somewhere but don't ask me where! Thanks for your help @FBernardo.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Boh said:

So it looks like breaking the wall joins as well as deleting wall peaks and end caps - then redoing them, seems to have worked. Had to play around with it for a while and got some really weird behavior in the process with only one side of the wall lining showing in 3d at one point. There is a bug somewhere but don't ask me where! Thanks for your help @FBernardo.

Thanks

I believe if you don't use the END CAPS the walls just join properly, i would share here your file and let them check it, because it already happened to me before, but i could never reproduce it so i never filed a report.