How do you bullet proof a cashe viewport?

LarryAZ

I would like to make my viewport hold it's rendered state until I want to update it. I have the prefs set to retain render model always and I have the check box to hold the cashe and I tell it to always keep the cashe when I exit the viewport. What am I doing wrong? I just keep having to update.

Thanks

Yes I do have that set to save. All I was doing is adding annotation to the 4 veiwport elevations on a sheet. Just once in while it will lose the render info to all 4 viewports, not just the one I working on. I don't know why it keeps it sometimes and loses it other times. I under stand if I change anything on the design layer the viewports will go back to wire. It seems with everything set to keep the cashe I should be able to do anything I want on annotation without losing the render cashe.

Thanks for trying Jonathan,

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this problem as well. Further, if you go back to the drawings to add annotation or anything else that doesn't materially effect the model it also requires you to update all of the viewports.

In my opinion, it would be better if the viewports could retain their rendered setting and just signal the fact that they are no longer updated by displaying the hatched border around their perimeter. In this way, the operator could still have the benefit of the rendered image and only update it when they needed to.

The more I work with the program, the more ideas I have for "wish list items." Is it better to bring them up in the individual posts related to the issue, or save them all up in a list format for the "wish list" forum? In other words, does NNA read all of these posts, for ideas or exclusively the wish list forum?