beyond renderworks....

grant_PD

I've been using renderworks fairly regularly now for years. While I love the static renders that it makes, I've been getting requests lately for "fly-throughs" of the designs. For a while I've been able to hold my clients off with virtual panoramas, but I sense change in the wind.

I'm basically unimpressed by renderworks' animation capabilities, the process is way too long for the results. So lately I've been perusing other programs like artlantis and cinema4d. I've been unable to find samples of flythroughs generated by these progams though, so it's hard to make a decision. Can someone give me some opinion (and hopefully some examples) of how these programs stack up?

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by propstuff:

Grant,

I bought Julian Carr's AnimationWorks add-on for VW for this reason.

It makes animations easy.

C4D will give you better and faster renders that VW/AW, but for a lot more money than the cost of the plug-in.

cheers,

N

Thanks for the tip on AnimationWorks, PropStuff!

I was 27 sheets into what would have been a 300+(!) sheet animation when I saw your post and decided to check it out. Downloaded the demo, installed it, spent all of three minutes plotting the camera path, hit "preview", and voila!!

Couldn't whip out my credit card fast enough, and I must say, it'd be cheap at twice the price.

ATTENTION NEMETSCHEK: YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO LICENSE THIS PACKAGE AND INCORPORATE IT INTO RENDERWORKS!

[Disclosure: I am not paid or otherwise compensated for any product recommendation I make.]