No longer able to copy text from SAVE AS dialogue box.

VaughnS

Question

Hello,

When I select  FILE >  SAVE AS,  I am unable to copy the file name in the dialogue box, in order to paste it into the drawing for reference. I have to manually type it out as an annotation on the drawing. I was was previously able to do this and it saved a lot of time. 

How can I fix this? Thank you!

Image copy 1.jpg

5 answers to this question

@VaughnS, I have had this issue since VW2021, kinda gave up on it..For me, VW 2023 has the same issue. Now, as I can Copy Paste into Title Blocks etc, I wonder if its an OS/ Finder issue between VW and the OS. 

@Pat Stanford, Thank you, though I may not understand your suggestion. My issue: Open a Show file template>Save As>cannot paste into the file name field and so must be manually typed in. Any ideas are most welcome.

@FlyingHoward  VaughnS's problem was the opposite of yours. He wanted to copy the name of the file from the Save As dialog box so he could paste it into the drawing. I provided an alternate way to do the same thing.

As for pasting INTO the Save As dialog box, I just checked on VW2023 SP1 and Mac OS 12.6 and I was able to paste copied text into the Save As dialog box file name window.

You can not copy/paste a VW Text Object, but you can Edit a text object, select the text there, copy that and then paste into the Save As dialog box.

So short version.  Double click the text block. Cmd-A. Copy. Save As. Paste.

HTH

• Like 1