Central Setting for Vectorworks Cloud Storage Location

elepp

Question

Hi,

we can now choose the location of the sever hosting our files on the Vectorworks Cloud. Our pain is now that I can't set the standard location for our office. Each account I create for my colleagues has San Francisco set as the standard. I would like to define an office standard location for us. This way our files get send first to servers that we have no interest in using as european customers.

Regards!

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

@Matt Overton

If I understand you, this is already possible.

We created a 'Workgroup" folder in our VW Cloud folder and modeled the folder structure after the standard User Library.

Then we added the local VCS sync folder to our user Workgroup list:

image.png.fb0cf25bca73f69be734206eaf127d7a.png

Libraries are Sync'ed to the cloud and each users local machine, all of the resources are available in the Resource Manger.
Is that what you are looking for?

Bart

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BartHays said:

@Matt Overton

If I understand you, this is already possible.

We created a 'Workgroup" folder in our VW Cloud folder and modeled the folder structure after the standard User Library.

Then we added the local VCS sync folder to our user Workgroup list:

image.png.fb0cf25bca73f69be734206eaf127d7a.png

Libraries are Sync'ed to the cloud and each users local machine, all of the resources are available in the Resource Manger.
Is that what you are looking for?

Bart

That's how we use it as well.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/24/2022 at 3:44 PM, elepp said:

Hi,

we can now choose the location of the sever hosting our files on the Vectorworks Cloud. Our pain is now that I can't set the standard location for our office. Each account I create for my colleagues has San Francisco set as the standard. I would like to define an office standard location for us. This way our files get send first to servers that we have no interest in using as european customers.

Regards!

I would appreciate some details on the way you create accounts for your colleagues. We have a logit to determine the default storage location and it seems to fail in this scenario as you are located in Europe. 

In general the storage location setting is per user and one user can belong to many organizations. That is why currently it is tough to associate the storage location with the organization. Maybe in the future we will add "Organization cloud storage" which might solve the issue. 

• Like 1

Hi @Lyuben,

thanks for your reply. The way I usually do it, is in  the login window for VW 2022. I click on the create account button, if the colleague is new and not linked with our organisation already.

An organisation cloud storage would be very useful. I could see some use cases there. One of the annoying things for me is that i need to invite each account to our shared workgroup folder. An organisation cloud storage would allow for default sharing of these folder, when a new colleague setups up an account.

• Like 1