Schedule: Settings for various Door Operations

FBernardo

Hi all,

I've been trying to develop my own schedule to try and get around all the options and make it easier for me when i need to 'customise' some elements and be creative with the schedule, but it seems i've hit a wall when i want to describe the leaf behaviour, for example, the if the door configuration is a Swing and the leaf operation is a single leaf it would show single leaf , if it's a Sliding door would show in the operation the XOX style, if Folding would show multiple... 

So when i try to go to search for a 'general' operation to include all styles of doors this doesn't exist, what it shows in the schedule is every style separate.

My question is there any way of doing this?? 

SCR-20221020-x97.thumb.png.da8ad226e9803c94847d5ff94c98edae.png

Two options, both requiring a fair amount of specific typing:

A3 in these examples in the database header row cell that contains the formula for the 'Door'.'Configuration'

Nested If Statements:

=IF(A3='Swing', 'Door'.'SwingOperation', IF(A3='Sliding', 'Door'.'SliderOperation', 'More Ifs needed'))

Replace More Ifs needed with as many additional IF statements as you have door configurations.

IFS Statement

=IFS((A3='Swing'), 'Door'.'SwingOperation', (A3='Sliding'), 'Door'.'SliderOperation', (A3='Folding'), 'Door'.'FoldingOperation', (A3<>''), 'More checks needed')

Add additional (A3='xxxxx') statements followed by the 'Door'.'Field' value to be returned for that value.

Note the IFS example handles Swing, Slide and Fold.  IF example only does Swing and Slide.

image.png.8713d175885537f8ecbcf3cba668e499.png

• Like 3

Hi @Pat Stanford,

Many thanks for this help, once more... Although in VW2022 is not like that and I'm looking at one done in vw2022 and it shows everything as it should!

I know they've changed the door tool to accommodate the new bi fold, sliding styles etc but couldn't it stay the same in terms of the operation configuration??

I will give it a shot later on today and give some feedback if I managed to do it! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I don't think IFS was added until VW 2023, so the Nested IF statements may be your only option.

And you might want to add a wish in the Wishlist Forum requesting a single Operation field that contains the value of the operation field for the configuration the door is in.

I was just looking a while ago to a previous schedule I've done in VW 2022 and it was working if you check the file attached it works

Schedule.vwx

Good find.

='Door'.'Config' is the field I just suggested that you make a wish for. 🤦‍♂️

With over 300 fields, it is hard to keep them all straight when you don't use doors very often.

Your issue was you were searching for the "wrong" term.  You were thinking Operation while VW considered is a part of the Configuration.

Glad you figured it out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

Good find.

='Door'.'Config' is the field I just suggested that you make a wish for. 🤦‍♂️

With over 300 fields, it is hard to keep them all straight when you don't use doors very often.

Your issue was you were searching for the "wrong" term.  You were thinking Operation while VW considered is a part of the Configuration.

Glad you figured it out.

It seems that this option only works in vw2022, i have door.configuration on both sides and it gives different information so i don't know understand how i can pass it over to 2023 and still works! I've imported the file in vw2023 and this is what it shows on the second column where the "configuration" so i'm thinking is definitely a 2023 thing due to the improvements were done to the door tool?

SCR-20221021-rlv.png

10 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Door.Configuration is the word(s) of the type of door (Swing, Slider, etc.)

Door.Config is the subset from that door type.  (Single Leaf, double leaf, X00X, etc.)

I tested it in VW2023 and I get the same results there with your file as I seen in VW2022.

How do you get to select that Door.Config ? I've done ='Door'.'Config' but the result it shows in the format field is red and then the results show #NAME

2 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Just type it in and type return instead of using the formula builder. At least in VW2023, the formula builder does not offer this field as as option.

='Door'.'Config'

You should be able to copy and paste it from here.

Or copy and paste it from the worksheet where it is working.

ohhhh what i did wrong is i forgot that it's Case Sensitive, as i typed straight away and it didn't work because i added a . at the end of config 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1