Reverse two leg Bridle

Projx_CA

I'm trying to insert a truss bridle with the "Reverse Two Leg Bridle" tool - but BW seems to think there is a chain under pressure and keeps failing.

Disabling Second order analysis returns a weight value of 0 lbf on the centre hoist.

A simple truss, with 2 points calculates without issue. 

737935644_ScreenShot2022-10-20at15_17_45.thumb.png.3c8fd55b552bb28d5296ca83d3e3ffa6.png

674886630_ScreenShot2022-10-20at15_19_00.thumb.png.e7f0c12d07115fcbcf88ff617532761f.png

However, once I add the centre inverted bridle BW fails. 

669837203_ScreenShot2022-10-20at15_19_35.thumb.png.e05a89e193316e8f9e42ef8499450179.png

What am I doing wrong?  Is this not the intended use of this tool?

@JustinVH

@jcogdell

Edited by Projx_CA

@Moritz Staffel Do you have any ideas or suggestions on how to properly apply a reverse truss bridle? 

Is there correct way to implement this tool?  I've followed this process from the 2022 Help:

If inserting a reversed two leg bridle, do the following. If inserting any other bridle type, proceed to step 5.

Click on the rigging object to set the insertion point for Leg 1, and click again to set the insertion point for Leg 2. The available insertion points are highlighted as the mouse moves over them.

Click on the rigging point where the bridle will attach. Valid insertion points are highlighted as the mouse moves over them. The bridle object is inserted in the drawing.

Move the mouse to the object that the bridle will support, and click to set the connection point. Valid connection points are highlighted as the mouse moves over them.

Insert the bridle legs. For each leg, click on the rigging point where the leg will attach. The available insertion points are highlighted as the mouse moves over them.

The bridle object is inserted in the drawing.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 15.49.28.png

Edited by Projx_CA

Thanks to you both for responding - my default position is that I've messed it up somehow, so I appreciate your time and individual experiences. 

Mark, I'm always reluctant to upgrade before a service pack update for the reasons you've posted in other 2023 topics - yikes!.

Scott, thanks for saving me the time to do so.  I was about to upgrade to see if it had been fixed.

Best Regards,
Charles

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Projx_CA said:

Mark, I'm always reluctant to upgrade before a service pack update for the reasons you've posted in other 2023 topics - yikes!.

As an option, you can install the new version to get to know the new features until you're ready to use it in a production environment. SP 2.1 is typically *chef's kiss* sometime before the end of the year.

• Laugh 1