Duplicate truss crosses in the same plane / space

Mark Aceto

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Mark AcetoI've had a look at your file and as far as I can tell the issue is being caused by the lower layers of unistrut being too close together, I found moving them each about an inch apart stops the duplicate truss crosses being created. I've Dm'd you a fixed version of the file

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jcogdell said:

@Mark AcetoI've had a look at your file and as far as I can tell the issue is being caused by the lower layers of unistrut being too close together, I found moving them each about an inch apart stops the duplicate truss crosses being created. I've Dm'd you a fixed version of the file

Thanks, Jesse!

That makes sense. I've noticed that with any rigging elements, literally anything with a pixel (even truss cross labels) can throw off VW/BW, so that's a good note for anyone following this. Hopefully, I won't have too many 41mm strut to 41mm strut connections but I've already 2 gigs with that in the past 2 months, so... 

As a solution / workaround, I'm wondering if I can create custom truss cross symbols that smaller/thinner and won't clash with each other. I guess then I would pick that symbol in the Insert Connection settings before connection any rigging objects. I thought there was a way to scale them but I can't find it.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you change the offset of the truss cross symbol in the record it will change the thickness. You may have to adjust the insertion point but I thing you can go down to 1mm of offset if you need a really thin connection. You will also have to adjust the 3D extrude thickness of the symbol that you make to get the visual to not clash.