Simple wall tags?

Ramon PG

I am trying to make a wall tag with a simple marker for each wall type (eg. "A" for gypsum board , "B" for CMU, etc.) and then have a worksheet explain what each letter in the tag stands for. How can I have the wall tag display a simple marker instead of the whole wall description? Would I need to create/edit a Create Data Tag Style, or is there one ready-made in Resource Manager (that I can't find)? Thanks.

image.png.7076d0c3e1d1d208ceda3897e226d4fa.png

The various 'Mk' tags in the libraries will return the 'Mark' field of a Wall Style. So enter 'A', 'B', etc in this field (Data tab) for each of your wall styles + delete the 'Note' part of the tag if you don't need this.

35123584_Screenshot2022-10-20at15_29_51.png.5ab7d5d9da6f57ee87397b712ea170e8.png

Then in your worksheet report on the Mark field in one column + the wall style name or the 'Description' field or wherever it is you're taking the description of the wall from.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Tom W. said:

The various 'Mk' tags in the libraries will return the 'Mark' field of a Wall Style. So enter 'A', 'B', etc in this field (Data tab) for each of your wall styles + delete the 'Note' part of the tag if you don't need this.

35123584_Screenshot2022-10-20at15_29_51.png.5ab7d5d9da6f57ee87397b712ea170e8.png

Then in your worksheet report on the Mark field in one column + the wall style name or the 'Description' field or wherever it is you're taking the description of the wall from.

Thanks, that worked perfectly. Can I automaticaly annotate the tag with the actual wall height? I have a same wall style with different wall heights (up to ceiling, up to slab...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, Tom W. said:

Yes the Worksheet Functions 'WALLOVERALLHEIGHT' or 'WALLAVERAGEHEIGHT' will return the height of a Wall

I was able to add the WALLOVERALLHEIGHT to the worksheet and it works perfectly, but I have several walls that are the same construction except for the height. I was hoping to get the Tag to show the height automatically as it does in the Worksheet so that I don't have to do it manually one by one. For example...

image.thumb.png.d021f5bf8a7fe19bdbe3179fea579ef3.png

43 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

I was able to add the WALLOVERALLHEIGHT to the worksheet and it works perfectly, but I have several walls that are the same construction except for the height. I was hoping to get the Tag to show the height automatically as it does in the Worksheet so that I don't have to do it manually one by one. For example...

image.thumb.png.d021f5bf8a7fe19bdbe3179fea579ef3.png

I'm not sure what you mean. You can use the worksheet function in the data tag:

1268717802_Screenshot2022-10-31at13_35_44.thumb.png.f5bc3ff06a79ad203f19e317c5e36be6.png

Then if desired insert using All Eligible Objects Mode to tag all walls at once.

Hmm I am getting the same thing when I change my Doc Units to Feet + Inches. Ironically if I have my Doc Units set to millimetres (which I normally do) but ask the tag to display in feet + inches the height displays correctly as 10'2". Other times I'm getting either 10" like you or 10 1/8"...

Seems like a bug but perhaps someone else more familiar with using imperial can test as well...

• Like 1